Thursday 29 April 2010

Steve Jobs - iFuckingHypocrite

I'm not a fan of Apple products. I think they're incredibly overpriced, often lack crucial features, which are often deliberately held back to force users to upgrade to newer versions of the device. "Form over function" seems to be the strategy, and I think it's a fucking stupid one. I want a phone, or a computer, not a fucking overpriced fashion accessory. And I certainly don't want anything as fucking pointless as the iPad. It has to be said, I might "not be a fan" of Apple products but I fucking hate fans of their products. They have a smugness seldom seen anywhere else (which must come free with the product) and if you point out any flaws in the products (and yes, there are flaws) their indignant defence of the product and its flaws like no other owner of any other product reveals a hidden need to justify to themselves the Apple Tax they've shelled out on.

So you'll excuse my amazement when I read fucking shit like this:

Mr Jobs said Flash was made for an era of "PCs and mice" and performed poorly when translated to run on touchscreen smartphones and handheld devices.

He also criticised the technology for being only under the control of Adobe.


Oh, because Apple's management strategies and business tactics are just fucking philanthropic, aren't they?

The Apple boss added that it fell short on security and was "the number one reason Macs crash".


Hang on, I thought Macs didn't crash? I thought that was the reason their smug, sneering owners lamely tried to justify spending three times the cost of a comparable product on their Apple device?

Besides, my PCs run flash all the time, on both Windows and Ubuntu, and I can't remember the last time either of them crashed.

The letter provoked an avalanche of comments online, with many saying Apple's restrictions on what can be done with its software go far beyond those on Flash.


Exactly.

Fuck off Jobs.

And for goodness sake, eat a few good square meals, you're looking practically emaciated these days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So with still an entire week to go, and seemingly all to play for, the moronic Kerry is publishing the first Postal votes online, for her own constituency already is she?....

Errrrr....That's illegal..

Sue said...

I can't stand Macs. I used to work with flash and it worked great on PC's but crashed on Macs the whole time. Apple Mac owners are smug, why heaven knows. I like to be able to pull my PC apart, add a generic component and switch back on again. You can't do that with a Mac, their components are non generic, overpriced and bloody useless.

Dave said...

What about smug cunts who write blogs and then those who write comments!!

Anonymous said...

I've been in IT for 25 years, BD needs to grow up, OSX is the safest, slickest, easiest, no-brianer of a system you can get. Adobe need to shut up with their overpriced rubbish software.

Martin

dallas website design said...

I want a phone, or a computer, not a fucking overpriced fashion accessory. And I certainly don't want anything as fucking pointless as the iPad.

Dallas Web Design said...

i just love to use my iphone.