Place-Making Director for Bristol
c£72k + Benefits (2 year fixed term)
Vacancy Ref: 22111
Place-Making for a city is about ensuring that it is perceived as somewhere that is attractive to live, work, study, invest and do business in, as well as to visit. As Bristol's Place-Making Director one of your key roles will be to develop productive relationships with stakeholders, developing a common sense of purpose based around a shared understanding of Bristol’s sense of place, in order to improve Bristol’s economic competitiveness.
You will be expected to originate creative ideas for developing, reinforcing and enhancing Bristol’s sense of place and to work in partnership with others to make this happen.
We're looking for someone to help us distinguish our city from all others, and create a sense of pride in Bristol. Someone with:
* Brand development and marketing experience, for complex products or places.
* A good awareness of trends in branding, economic and city development.
* A good understanding of local government, public sector and commercial business environments.
* Senior management experience.
* Ability to successfully drive a business agenda and manage multi-stakeholder relationships.
* A creative thinker with highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Sound interesting? Then we'd love to hear from you.
For further information visit: www.bristol.gov.uk/jobs
For an informal chat, phone Jon House on 0117 922 2420.
Deadline for applications is 2nd June 2010.
Interviews will be held on 7th June 2010.
Closing Date: 2nd June 2010.
ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS to "enhance Bristol's sense of Place"?
What the fucking fuck?
Jandroid, you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.
Get this marketing-speak BULLSHIT the fuck out of our city!